Features of C Programming Language
Features of c language or c language feature with programming examples for beginners and professionals covering concepts, control statements, c array, c pointers, c structures, c union, c strings and more.
C is the widely used programming language. It provides many
These Features are Listed Below :
Machine Independent or Portable
Mid-level programming language
structured programming language
Rich Library of C
Fast Speed of C
Pointers in C
Figure: Features of C Language
1) Simple Language : C is a simple language in the sense that it provides a structured approach, a rich set of library functions, data types, etc.
Structured is nothing but to break the problem into parts.
2) Machine Independent or Portable : Unlike assembly language, c programs can be executed on different machines with some machine-specific changes.
Therefore, C is a machine-independent language.
3) Mid-level programming language : Although, C is intended to do low-level programming. It is used to develop system applications such as the kernel, driver, etc.
It also supports the features of a high-level language. That is why it is known as mid-level language.
4) Structured programming language : C is a structured programming language in the sense that we can break the program into parts using functions.
So, it is easy to understand and modify. Functions also provide code reusability.
5) Rich Library of C : C provides a lot of inbuilt functions that make the development fast.
6) Memory Management : It supports the feature of dynamic memory allocation. In C language, we can free the allocated memory at any time by calling the
7) Speed of C : The compilation and execution time of C language is fast since there are lesser inbuilt functions and hence the lesser overhead.
8) Pointer in C : C provides the feature of pointers. We can directly interact with the memory by using the pointers.
We can use pointers for memory, structures, functions, array, etc in C language.
9) Recursion : In C, we can call the function within the function. It provides code reusability for every function.
Recursion enables us to use the approach of backtracking.
10) Extensible Language : C language is extensible because it can easily adopt the new features.